AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Monogamous HPV unprotected sex

My wife and I have HPV, is it wise for us to have unprotected sex as long as we stay monogamous? My wife had a hysterectomy about 3 years ago, how likely is she to develop cancer from the HPV?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Given that both you and your wife are already infected with HPV (human papilloma virus, "the wart virus"), monogamous unprotected sex should not expose you to any additional risk. Both of you are at risk for the development of HPV-related cancer. Fortunately only a small percentage of patients who are HPV-infected actually develop cancers. You both need to be checked from time to time. Although your wife is less likely to develop cancer given her hysterectomy, she could still develop cancer in the remaining tissue in that region of the body.

prostate infection vs HIV infection symptoms
What Should my next step be? Night sweats