AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Where do you see AIDS going in the future?

I have read that 2003 will be the busiest year ever for new drug launches, with at least five new products (T-20, FTC, Atazanavir and two reformulations) reaching the market in North America. With these new developements, and with future developments 5,10, or 20 yrs ahead, where do you see this disease going(no longer a death sentence, chronic like diabetes?) Will those who were infected in 2002 be around to benefit from the drugs of 2032? Your expert opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Dr. Dezube

I do indeed believe that as more and more drugs come onto the market, AIDS will become more and more a chronic disease which needs to be treated with chronic therapy. Of course, this applies only to those who have access to drug therapy. In addition to drug access, many other barriers exist. Adherance to drug therapy is a major issue. This is really not the forum for such a discussion. I would encourage you to surf many of the fine answers to this subject on thebody.com website.

lump on my testicle
primary effusion lymphoma