AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Reply to answer about Aldara cream

Thanks for answering my initial question regarding Aldara cream and my recurring warts so promptly. I should have clarified that my warts were around my anus. Since after each attempt at freezing them they appeared to grow back, although quite small and in less numbers, my Dr. never examined me internally because he wanted to clear the external ones first. My concern was his not perscribing Aldara as a line of therapy since it was supposedly effecive and also cost efficient since removal of the warts was quite expensive. I guess I was seeking a second opinion as to what course of treatment I should take. He wanted to try Alferon injections which, as an HIV pos person I was not so sure about. Aldara seemed to be a more efficient and less intrusive alternative.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Aldara is certainly worth a shot. As your query indicates it is both effective and well-tolerated. I've had many patients with bad cases of warts, who have responded to Aldara. Aldara is typically administered two to three times per week. One applies a pea-sized amount of Aldara at night and wipes it off in the morning

Does a drop in CD4 signify relapsed Hodgkins?
My brother has AIDS he's been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.