AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Should Aldara be my first treatment choice for anal warts?

I am having trouble ridding myself of anal warts. I realize. that being HIV positive, this is a problem. My doctor has tried freezing them but they continue to reappear. He has not perscribed Aldara. Should this be a first line of treatment as I thought Aldara actually creates an immune response to the HPV virus?

Response from Dr. Dezube

You don't specify the location of your warts. Are they all external? Do you have internal ones? Aldara is indeed quite effective. Many of my patients use it. It's more than reasonable for you to try it. I recommend that you put a pea-sized dab of Aldara on the warts at night and that you wipe it off the next morning. Often you can start with Aldara treatments three times a week. However, if you develop alot of redness, you can back down to twice a week.

Masturbation- what's the worse that can happen?
Cancer- What's the outlook?