Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

History of benign brain tumor; I can't move on
Jan 20, 2003

Dear dr. dezube, I just want to ask you a question about what I should do now that I have tested negative for HIV. I had a brain tumor about two years ago that was benin. I didn't recieve any treatment after or before the operation. I cannot get it out of my head that I am HIV positive. To back this up the pain that I am in at the moment is unbearable. I wake up every morning, firstly with no energy, secondly having to fight off the constant tremors that are all over my body. I mean it feels as if my blood is bubbling, it started in the soles of my feet, now it is all around my head, eyes and I don't know what I can do. I thought on many, many occasions that I was going to die. I know that I am dying, I can feel it. I also have a lump on my chest that will not go away, I have about 6 small purple marks and I find it impossible to get an erection. Whan I tried to tell the doctor, he said it was depression. Of course I am depressed, my quality of life is zero absolutely zero. I don't know what to do, what would you do? I know that time is running out for me.

Many thx

Sm

Response from Dr. Dezube

I would recommend a two-fold approach. I do indeed believe that you need some psychologic help given your comment "of course I am depressed". It sounds like you have not moved on in life as well as expected. It's probably also important that you have a head CT/MRI scan to give you the reassurance that your tumor has not grown back. As for your negative HIV test, congratulations. You need to believe it. If you have a persistent lump on your chest, then it may need to be biopsied.

Previous
KS and Moles- are they related?
Next
KS and Lungs; will y KS rebound after stopping chemotherapy?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.