AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

History of benign brain tumor; I can't move on

Dear dr. dezube, I just want to ask you a question about what I should do now that I have tested negative for HIV. I had a brain tumor about two years ago that was benin. I didn't recieve any treatment after or before the operation. I cannot get it out of my head that I am HIV positive. To back this up the pain that I am in at the moment is unbearable. I wake up every morning, firstly with no energy, secondly having to fight off the constant tremors that are all over my body. I mean it feels as if my blood is bubbling, it started in the soles of my feet, now it is all around my head, eyes and I don't know what I can do. I thought on many, many occasions that I was going to die. I know that I am dying, I can feel it. I also have a lump on my chest that will not go away, I have about 6 small purple marks and I find it impossible to get an erection. Whan I tried to tell the doctor, he said it was depression. Of course I am depressed, my quality of life is zero absolutely zero. I don't know what to do, what would you do? I know that time is running out for me.

Many thx

Sm

Response from Dr. Dezube

I would recommend a two-fold approach. I do indeed believe that you need some psychologic help given your comment "of course I am depressed". It sounds like you have not moved on in life as well as expected. It's probably also important that you have a head CT/MRI scan to give you the reassurance that your tumor has not grown back. As for your negative HIV test, congratulations. You need to believe it. If you have a persistent lump on your chest, then it may need to be biopsied.

KS and Moles- are they related?
KS and Lungs; will y KS rebound after stopping chemotherapy?