|KS and Moles- are they related?
Jan 20, 2003
Is there any correlation between having KS and the proliferation of new moles and/or keratoses?
Response from Dr. Dezube
No there is no connection between KS and moles. KS is caused by a herpes virus (HHV-8). As the immune system declines, KS lesions often pop up. Moles and keratoses are completely unrelated to KS. However, as a person's immune declines, many skin lesions can grow making it seem like there's a connection between them. But KS is really unrelated to moles and keratoses.
Coating in mouth thrush?
History of benign brain tumor; I can't move on
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.