AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Coating in mouth thrush?

I am a male 25 years of age and have a question. About 3 months ago I developed a rash inner thigh next to groin. I perhaps jumped the gun and went out and got tested for EVERY STD! including HIV. My last exposure was 3 months prior and was protected. The day after being tested I got a dry mouth with a coating in the VERY back of the mouth it dont appear anywhere else does this sound like thrush? I know it's hard to answer but if ya can muchly greatful. oh by the way I came back HIV negative...

Response from Dr. Dezube

Although I can't necessarily comment about the coating in your mouth without seeing it, what I can say is that thrush (an oral yeast infection) is quite uncommon in healthy folks unless something else is going on. I see it frequently in my HIV-infected patients. It if often seen in people who used steroids (e.g. steroid inhalers for asthma) or in people who are taking antibiotics for whatever reason. I'm happy that you are HIV negative.

What do you mean when you said that people can clear infections by HPV (the wart virus)?
KS and Moles- are they related?