|HPV -cancer time frame
Jan 12, 2003
About 8 months ago I contracted hpv from a woman that had cervical cancer. I am HIV- and I am now experiencing some more severe symptoms like swollen lymph glands in the groin and general malaise. I was also negative for all other STD's. Are there some strains that can generate cancer at a faster rate even in HIV- people!
Response from Dr. Dezube
The actual strains of HPV which cause cancer (strains 16, 18, and a few others) are the same in HIV+ and HIV- folks. However, in HIV+ patients, the growth of HPV-related lesions (either warts or cancer) tends to be more rapid because of the impaired immune system. In both HIV+ and HIV- folks, it would be most unusual to develop cancer after just 8 months. It usually takes much longer. I would suggest that you see a health care provider.
Who does anal pap smears?
Worried Wells-- Not irrational fear, it is diease
- What Is The Earliest Time Frame Of Wart Formation After Exposure To Hpv?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.