AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Self diagnosis

Dear Sir, About two years ago I visited my doctor as I found two painfully swollen lumps along my jaw, near to the toungue. At the time I was treated for a throat infection with a course of antibiotics. About three months later I found another set of three nodes on the jaw, one of which was causing pain which caused me to find them. The other previously found nodes where still there altough pain had gone. After returning to the doctors I was examined for other nodes under my armpits and groin and had a blood sample taken. No nodes where found and blood tests returned no results. Over the next six months(upto a year ago) I found more nodes myself under my armpits and in the groin region. I found them when I felt pain in the area. After the pain went the nodes stayed. They have not grown much since there discovery. I the last year I have done some searching on the net and found information on Hodgkins disease. I found a list of symptons but as I had no symptons then I left it alone. However, about two months ago I began to become rather itchy when I was in the bath- something I put down to the water being too hot. This has persisted for two months and has gradually worsened. I now become itchy around my neck, face and arms when ever I am working a bit too hard or even when I have the heater in in the car. I have also noticed that I am sweating more than normal over the last 6 weeks and I am coming home from working with body odor. A problem I have not suffered before. I cannot think of any other symtons I have had. Some info: I am 19, male and working. the nodes in the jaw are 1 - 1.5cm long, Armpits are 1 - 3.5cm long and groin are 2cm long. They have not grown in the time I have been awear of them(betweeen 1-2 years). I also have a lump on one of my testes which might be relavant. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Your title says it all "Self diagnosis". Please stop trying to self diagnosis yourself. You need to see a health care provider. If there is concern about one of the nodes, then a biopsy may be necessary. Have you been tested for HIV? There are just too many things possible given you list of symptoms.

testicle lump; what should I do?
Another long saga story :=(