|Can HPV be contracted? How contagious is it?
Dec 22, 2002
Can HPV be contracted by a man with momentary contact with a female's vagina? then pass it on to another sex partner?
Response from Dr. Dezube
HPV is quite contagious. It is definitely able to be transmitted from partner to partner based on what you describe. The majority of folks who get HPV develop immunity to the infection and actually clear the virus. (This is in sharp distinction to HIV infection, which is rarely cleared from the virus by the immune system.)
can flu-shot increase size of lymph nodes?
Odd case of warts.....so i'm told; internal warts
- Hiv Attacking The White Blood Cells
- Where Are Genital Herpes Sores Located On Women?
- What Short And Long Term Effects Can Gonorrhea Have?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Does Gonorrhea Do To Your Body?
- What Can I Do For My Immune System To Keep From Getting Shingles Again?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.