Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can flu-shot increase size of lymph nodes?
Dec 22, 2002

Thanks the great services you offer on this website. I have been HIV+ probably since 1990 coz' I have been in a monogamous r/ship with my husband who is negative. I learnt of my status in October '02. Lab results in october'02 (CD4 812 & VL 472). I have never been on any HIV meds and has been relatively healthy. I got a flu-shot late October and since then my body hasn't stopped aching especially my arm-pits and the groin area. In fact there is a painless lump on my left armpit where the shot was administered. Are you aware if this is a normal reaction or I need to see my Infectious Disease Doctor?

Thanks!

Response from Dr. Dezube

It would be unusual for a flu-shot to cause such a lymph node swelling. However, I imagine that if you were to scratch the site of injection, a lymph node in that area of the body could swell. I would give it a few more weeks, and if the left armpit continues, then please get it checked out.

Previous
Do I have symptoms of KS? Fear
Next
Can HPV be contracted? How contagious is it?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.