AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

prednisone follow-up; can it affect biopsy results?

I asked you about the prednisone use. I took a tapering dose of it for about a week for a herniated disk in my back 2 months before I had a lymph node biopsied. The biopsy came back as reactive hyperplasia. Do you think that this kind of use could have affected the results?

Response from Dr. Dezube

On occasion, prednisone use can indeed affect the results of a lymph node biopsy. I imagine that you don't have lymphoma based on the biopsy results you report. However, a week of prednisone could alter the biopsy results. In the unlikely event that you do have lymphoma which was missed by biopsy, I imagine that in time it will grow in such a way that you can get it diagnosed. Sometimes you just have to wait to see how things develop over time.

Long Saga: what is going on in with my body?
responding to genital warts and renal failure answer