Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: Possible Hodgkin's?
Dec 21, 2002

Hey Bruce,

Thanks a lot for your respond.

I would really apprecaite if you could pay a bit more time for my issue with another answer.

Well, I am replying to your answer to my previous post.

You see, I am least worried about me possibly having HIV because I had only 1-time unprotected ORAL sex with that prostitute. (the anal sex was with a condom). And like I said, I had HIV test after about 4 months, which came out negative. My doctor said the test is more than 99 accurate and there's no special need for another test, unless I want to be 100 sure. So I counted on his opinion and did not get re-tested 2 months later.

As for the hodgkin's, I am going to a Surgeon soon to check that lymth node. I guess that you can't help me much on this matter as if I have the desease or not, but since you took more seriously the HIV issue I gotta ask you...

Do you *really* think I should get retested for HIV, considering all the circumstances? (again, got tested 4 months after 1-time possible exposure after an unprotected oral sex with a sex worker). I am personally not worried at all about that for some reason. I took the last test very hard and I was extremely nervous for the 2 weeks I was awaiting the test result. So I would prefer not to get through it again. But I would really like to hear your opinion.

Could you please give me one more advise concerning this matter.. thanks again!

Response from Dr. Dezube

It's good to have the lymph node checked out as you are aleady doing. The standard recommendation is to get tested up to 6 months after a potential exposure. After that point, no further testing should be necessary unless you have a new potentially risky exposure.

Previous
Radiation burns after anal cancer treatment
Next
Long Saga: what is going on in with my body?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.