|Where does the name Hodgkin's Disease come from? Do I have it?
Mar 2, 2001
Where does the name Hodgkin's Disease come from? Do I have it?
Response from Dr. Dezube
Hodgkin's disease is named after Thomas Hodgkin. In an historic paper entitled On Some Morbid Appearances of the Exorbant Glands and Spleen presented in London in 1832, Hodgkin described the clinical history and autopsy findings of patients with this disease. As for whether or not you have Hodgkin's disease, only a pathologist would know this information. To make the diagnosis, tissue has to be submitted to a pathologist who looks for special cells, which are characteristic of this illness.
Do Paxil or Xanax interfere with HIV testing?
CHOP chemotherapy and vitamin supplementation; Rectal abscess
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Blood In Semen After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.