AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Uterus Cancer- The doctors have given up hope.

Dear Sir, One of My Close Relative has been affected by Uterus Cancer. Her Stage really seems to be critical, as she is in continuous Pain. The Doctors have already gave-up the Hope & said that her Days are Counted, & she'll survive for a couple of Months, Maximum. However, It is very hard for us to accept that In this Age where Science has grown beyond boundaries...such helplessness is being displayed by the Doctors. It also becomes hard to accept, when someone so dear to us, is found in this Condition. We have heard of such cases getting cured & such Miracles does happen. Sir, Please suggest Us, Any Kind of Medication, Therapy or Treatment that can be given to her (in any part of the world). Sir, with Great Hope & Optimism, I am writing this to You...Please advice, All/Any Possibilties for her Cure, at Your Earliest. Thanks in Advance & God Bless

Response from Dr. Dezube

It's hard for me to comment about a specific treatment without knowing her disease stage, how far it's spread, her overall condition and so on. That said, since you have so much doubt, it would probably pay to get a second opinion. Second opinions never hurt. If the second opinion agrees with the first (i.e. nothing can be done), then you'll feel more at ease with the current decision. If the second opinion disagrees, then you'll learn something.

That said, in the "Age where Science has grown beyond boundaries" (your quote), many many cancer cases are just too advanced or to resistant to offer active treatment. Such is the current sad state of my subspeciality. How I wish this were not so! We have made great strides in Cancer Research, but so much more needs to be done.

Lastly I would like to comment on the concept that nothing is being done. Even if her health care providers can not provide a miracle or a cure, they have much to offer in terms of pain management, spiritual counselling, comfort treatments, and so on, and so on.

Septra allergy and alternatives
Radiation burns after anal cancer treatment