AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Septra allergy and alternatives

hello, a question concerning paraphylaxis allergy. I am hiv+ and just started medication 2 weeks ago.My doctor also prescribed me as a prentive treatment Septra pills for 6 months, I had severe allery to Septra and my Docor had prescribed instead Mepron which is ok as far as the allergy goes,no side effects; however, it is very difficult to take -very thick yellow syroup. not to mention the fact that it is extremely expensive. My question: which are the efficient alternatives for Septra that are available in tablets ? I was told Dapsone was taken off the market as well. thanks Joe

As far as I know dapsone is still availabe and is the preferred alternative to Septra. Many patients can be desensitized over several weeks so that they can tolerate Septra again. Mepron is another alternative but is difficult for some to tolerate and is expensive. KH

Found something odd near my testicles
Uterus Cancer- The doctors have given up hope.