AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Recurrent symptoms (sweats, smells); is my lymphoma back?

Since finishing chemotherapy at the end of Jan I've been having night sweats, at first put it down to possibly Amiltriptyline that i was taking for Vincristine related Neuropathy. Then about a week ago spiked two fever's 101.5 and have like unproductive cough.The real concern i have now is that i real real believe the NHL is back. I am not panicked or anxious, its just what i think. Because my night sweats are worsening and my sheets smell like before i was diagnosed the sweat smells like illness, if that makes sense. And one lymph node is up in my groin. My HIV numbers have been the best ever my CD4 282 UP FROM 10 TO 18 AND VL undetectable. My problem is that my Dr is doing what he did last time testing me for ridiculous things like TB, when my PPD was neg two ago and CMV and every other AIDS RELATED ILLNESS EXCEPT HE STILL WON'T LISTEN TO ME!!! What do you think, last time he nearly killed me because my oncologist said that if it hadn't been diagnosed within another month or so i would have died. Can't change doctors yet because my oncologist is truly an ANGEL!!.Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dezube

I appreciate your concerns. I'm really happy to hear that you feel good about your oncologist. Given that you have issues with your primary doctor, the most logical recommendation, which I can give to you is to get your oncologist involved with your care. (S)He can evaluate you for recurrent lymphoma. Repeat scans and biopsies may be necessary. That said, a good number of patients who have recurrent symptom do NOT have recurrent lymphoma. They have illnesses due to their AIDS or illnesses related neither to AIDS nor lymphoma. I am not trying to minimize your concern at all, but I would urge you NOT to jump to conclusions. It is very common for patients, who have had cancer, to feel that many of their symptoms are recurrent cancer -- although often they are correct, more often they are not. I wish you luck.

Medicine for HPV-16
T Cell Count of 200- can you live for 5 years.