AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Lymphoma- new diagnosis. What's going to happen to me.I'm sooooo worried.

I have Lymphoma and have had a CT scan, which showed that my Lymph nodes in the chest are of abnormal size. I have also a high white blood cell count can you please tell me what is happening.I have to see a specialist that deals with the blood I keep getting infection after infection. I feel very tired and worried about what is going on. please help

Response from Dr. Dezube

I can't tell from this query whether you are HIV positive or not. I am presuming that you are given that thebody.com is an HIV site. The first thing to say is don't panic. Most of the lymphomas which HIV'ers get are very treatable. It sounds like you have not yet seen the specialist. S/he will no doubt be providing you with loads of information. Don't ever give up hope. Typically we first find out exactly where the lymphoma has spread to. Your health provider may want to do other scans (e.g. gallium scans), bone marrow examination, and spinal taps. Blood work is gotten frequently. Once your health provider knows the extent of your lymphoma as well as the precise type of lymphoma that you have, s/he will be able to make out a treatment plan. Good luck and feel free to write back when you have more information.

Will Chemo for KS cause complications in a patient on Coumadin?
dear Mr. Bruce...please help me understand window period