|research info for a paper
Mar 2, 2001
Dr.Dezube I am a twenty year old college student attending Tennessee State University in Nashville TN as of now my major is Pre-Med. Biology. My question for you is.....what medical magazines could I read to obtain information on how HIV infects the cells of the body. Thanks Nadia C.
Response from Dr. Dezube
There are many many reviews written on the subject. Which review is best for you depends upon the how much you want to pursue this. Also there are many aspects to the phrase "how HIV infects the cells". I'm quite fond of a review in the New England Journal of Medicine, vol 335, p 1528, 1996 which is entitled "Infection by HIV -- CD4 is not enough". This review describes how HIV enters the cells. Without knowing a bit more about your project, it's hard for me to tell whether this review will "hit the mark".
- Partner Hiv Positive But I'm Negative And Pregnant
- What Should You Do When The Condom Broke And The Person Is Hiv Postive?
- What Happens If Hepatitis B Is Left Untreated?
- Getting Hiv And Herpes 2 While Wearing A Condom
- Will The Doctor Call You If Your Hiv Test Results Are Positive?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.