|Husband-wife team discovering KS virus
Mar 2, 2001
Who were the husband and wife team that i read about that discovered the virus that causes ks? Where and when was the discovery?
Response from Dr. Dezube
Yuan Chang,MD and Patrick S. Moore, MD Two of the original references are below:
1) Chang Y, Cesarman E, et al. Identification of herpesvirus-like DNA sequences in AIDS-associated KS. Science. 1994;266:1865.
2) Moore PS, Chang Y. Detection of herpesvirus-like DNA sequences in KS in patients with and those without HIV infection. N Eng J Med. 1995;332:1181.
Fear of developing KS
- When A Person Is Incarcerated Do They Get Tested For Hiv And Std?
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Upper Lip Numbness Tingling
- Antifungal Mouth Rinses Used To Treat Thrush
- How Do You Clear Up Dark Marks On Skin In Hiv Patients?
- Five Body Fluids That Transmit Hiv
- Difference Between Acute And Chronic Hepatitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.