AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Caffeine stimulates tumors?!? Please say it ain't so.

Dr. Dezube, Thanks for all of your great answers. I have been HIV+ for 17 years now taking Ziagen, Viread and Virramune. When I went to my dematologist to have a tumor removed they told me that caffiene stimulates tumors they thought and that also cholesterol lowering drugs can initiate some tumors(also I had been taking Pravachol.) Any truth to all of this??? HELP!

Response from Dr. Dezube

It ain't so. I am not aware of any data whatsoever indicating that caffeine stimulates tumors. Certainly given the vast number of coffee and tea drinkers, including me, this has been a question which has been asked by many researches. To my knowledge, all of the data point to caffeine being pretty safe in terms of cancer. What tumor did you have removed? Caffeine can cause certain types of cysts, but these cysts are NOT cancer. Cholesterol lowering drugs similary do NOT cause cancer. I think I'll go and put up another cup of coffee.

I have so little time left on this Earth; tumour causing a lot of pressure on my neck- what can be done.
Change in Profile?