|I have so little time left on this Earth; tumour causing a lot of pressure on my neck- what can be done.
Nov 15, 2002
Dr Dezube, I recently wrote saying that I have no more treatment options and have been given 3 months. The tumour on the right side of my neck feels like someone is standing on my neck,that I'm been strangled,it cause a lot of anxiety.Also my inner right are is numb and my little finger and index finger are numb.Can something be done to relieve this because i still have a lot of hopefully good time to spend with those i care about.My neck has always been sensitive counldn't even stand a tie around it.Can you give me some option to ask my Doctor.Thank you
Response from Dr. Dezube
My heart goes out to you. Quality of life is certainly the name of the game at this stage. Given that the chemotherapies have stopped working, I can think of three options--
1) Radiation to the tumor. Although radiation will not cure the disease, it may help shrink your tumor and take off alot of the pressure.
2) Steroids- Steroids, such as prednisone, can often help decrease symptoms related to the tumors even in tumors which are resistant to chemotherapy.
3) Morphine derivatives are really the way to go. There is virtually no pain in the world which doesn't respond to some formulation of morphine. Morphine also helps relieve the anxiety.
Please write back and let me know if there are any ways in which I can be of assistance to you.
KS scarring...what are the options cosmetically?
Caffeine stimulates tumors?!? Please say it ain't so.
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- Transmission Of Shingles
- Syphilis In The Brain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.