AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Am I HPV infected if I have a wart? Will I develop cancer?

I'm just wondering if I have a wart around my vagina, does it mean that I'm infected by HPV?

How likely is it that the genital wart will cause dangerous cancer?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Virtually all patients who have anogenital warts are HPV infected. HPV is the human papillomavirus, also known as the wart virus. Fortunately the strain of HPV which causes warts is quite different from the strain which causes cancer. The vast majority of warts do NOT become cancerous. That said, I would recommend that you get your warts taken care of. You should get regular PAP smears. In this way, in the unlikely event that your HPV infection progresses, you health care provider will be able to detect problems quite early.

Can HPV cause swollen lymph nodes?
KS scarring...what are the options cosmetically?