Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can HPV cause swollen lymph nodes?
Nov 15, 2002

Can HPV cause swollen lymph nodes?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Yes indeed. Lymph nodes are part of the immune system. A lymph node becomes swollen as it mounts an immune response to an infection. HPV can cause such an immune response. HPV can cause enlarged lymph nodes as part of the infection, as part as a response to a wart, or as part of the response to a developing anal/cervical cancer. Virtually any perturbation to the human body can cause lymph nodes to enlarge. Often this is a health sign.

Previous
Can a man transmit HPV disease to his spouse? Can he have children
Next
Am I HPV infected if I have a wart? Will I develop cancer?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.