AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

How long does it take a KS lesion to develop

I just want to know how long does it take for a kaposis sarcoma to occur, the actual sore. Dont know my status but will get tested soon. are there other symptoms one would experience if kaposis sarcoma existed, other than the lesions. thank you god bless

Response from Dr. Dezube

The time frame to develop a new KS lesion is very variable. I've seen lesions crop up over a day or so, and other lesions take months to develop. The best thing for you is to be HIV tested, which you are planning to do. If you are HIV-negative, then it would be highly unusual for you to have KS. If you do get a lesion which persists, then the best thing for you to do would be to get it biopsied to find out one way or the other whether or not it is KS. Knowledge is power.

Re: Is my KS related to my Thyroid Lesion? I'm about to embark on chemotherapy. Cancer and the spirit.
Negative to HIV, but Positive to HHV-6