AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Strange Vaginal Secretion after sex.

I had unprotected sex with a guy 3 weeks ago....I feel healthy....no symptoms. Well, I decided to get a pap because i noticed a strange secretion afterwards. My doctor found a mucous clear secretion which she observed was a large amount of white blood cells trying to fight off infection. Could this be a symptom of hiv virus. I heard hiv leads to increased gynecological problems. Should I be worried if i dont have any other symptoms? And how long usually, after unprotected sex, should one wait to be tested?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Given that you had unprotected sex, it would pay for you to be tested for HIV, particularly since this is on your mind. However, given that you have a vaginal discharge,it is more likely that you had an STD (sexually transmitted disease) other than HIV. You could get tested for HIV now, but it will be necessary to get retested in about 3 months to make sure that the test is valid, since it does indeed take time for patients to develop an antibody to HIV.

Cancer and Alcohol???
Kiss