AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Is my KS related to my Thyroid Lesion?

I have KS and am having a bronchoscopy this week to see if the nodules in my lungs found on CT are KS. The CT report also noted a lesion on the thyroid. I didn't think KS in general spreads to the thyroid. Could this be and should it be imaged?

Response from Dr. Dezube

You are correct in that KS does not typically spread to the thyroid. However, a thyroid lesion should not be ignored. There are various ways to image the thyroid. Depending upon what the imaging shows, you may need to have it biopsied. Please write back if you end up getting it biopsied. I hope your bronchoscopy goes well.

An abnormal PAP smear; What does this all mean?
anal warts; what follow up do you need if they have been removed?