AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

An abnormal PAP smear; What does this all mean?

MY PAP CAME BACK ABNORMAL AND THEY RULED OUT ANY STD SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Your query does not have enough information for me to answer fully. Are you a woman talking about a cervical PAP smear, a guy talking about an anal PAP smear? There are many abnormalities-- which do you have? These are the questions you need to get from your provider who presumably has the PAP report. Most abnormal PAP smears need to be followed-up. For an abnormal cervical PAP smear, this would mean culposcopy. For an abnormal anal PAP smear, this would mean anoscopy. Both culposcopy and anoscopy are procedures by which your health provider looks at the cells lining either the cervix (for culposcopy) or the anus (for anoscopy). During this procedure biopsies are usually obtained to get a better idea as to the meaning of the abnormal PAP smear. Only through a combination of scoping (culposcopy or anoscopy) and of biopsies, can a treatment plan be made for you.

One more armpit follow-up; What do you do about lymph nodes which neither grow nor shrink?
Is my KS related to my Thyroid Lesion?