AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

What's the best way to check for lymph nodes?

I went for my regular exam, and this time the Dr. checked for nodes under my arm with me laying down. In the past I have always been sitting up. Are both positions commonly used, or is one more accurate than the other. Thank you for your opinion.

Response from Dr. Dezube

You would be surprised at how many times I am asked this very question. I don't think there is a right answer. Most health care professionals develop a way of examining patients and then stick with it. Once a health provider develops a set regimen for examination, it's easier for him/her to pick up abnormalities. As for me, I check lymph nodes under the arm when the patient is sitting down. I usually have them raise their arms a bit during the examination. I'm not sure that's the best way, but that's the way I've been doing it for over 20 years.

Extreme Anal Discomfort- burning and blood
Anal Cancer; can you get it by masturbating