|breast implants; can a transexual with HIV undergo surgery?
Nov 7, 2002
I am a transexual about to have surgery, which will include breast augmentation. I have always been healthy and non-symptomatic; hi CD4 cell count and low viral load. Any advice other than don't get surgery. I've already been castrated w/no side-effects
Response from Dr. Dezube
I see no reason to worry about the surgery. I have patients who have gone through such surgery uneventfully. I do not believe that your HIV infection will affect the surgery so long as your laboratory studies are reasonably normal. Good luck.
Helicobacter and HIV Infections
Did HIV Cause my Leukemia?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.