AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Kaposis Sarcoma-Urgent query about spots

Normally, how long will it take from infected by HIV to have KS appeared in your skin? I had an oral sex with an HIV + people almost 5 month ago (she is in very high risk group). I had condomn on. This is the first that I have sex. I have not encountered weight loss, diarrhea, and basically health. However, I found several brown spots in my skin. It just bust out without any sign within this week (about 5 of them). The size of the brown spots range from 1mm to 5mm in square. The color is from light brown to dark brown. I need your answer very much. Thanks

Response from Dr. Dezube

From your questions, I can't tell if you even know if you're HIV positive or not. I would recommend that you get tested. It typically takes YEARS after the initial HIV infection to develop enough defects in your immune system to allow KS to show up. If your are at all concerned about the spots, then the easiest way to find out if you have KS is to have one of the spots biopsies. A biopsy can usually be done without much pain, cost, or scar. Hope this helps. BD.

Negative test result in 7 weeks
husbands lymphoma returned after stem cell transplant