AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

HIV Bile Duct

My Daughter, 29 HIV for 13 years. Just had her gallbladder removed due to jaundice and bile duct blockage, loosing weight, swollen. Also hep C, what are the chances of cancer. Has been on 4 series of cocktails over last 7 years. Should she start again? Would you guess life expectancy? What are some good vitamins for her to be taking that will not tax the liver? Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The gallbladder disease should not be related to the HCV or HIV. Therefore I would wait until the liver enzymes normalize and then resume treatment. I would hope that the surgeon did a liver biopsy because HCV treatment would be a good idea too. Liver friendly vitamins are the b complex ones and K. Wish her luck! DTD

PET scan for relapsed Hodgkin's; How accurate is it? What are my chances?
HPV remain infectious? Can you get it in the absence of lesions?