AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Sore stomach from meds

Hello Doc. I have been on 3 meds. since being diagnosed with HIV in August. Recently I have noticed my stomach bloating and being sore. I tend to feel the soreness around the rib cage and a tenderness when I push on the middle of my stomach. In the past my spleen has swollen up and can be noticeably felt. I currently am taking Sustiva,Zerit and Epivir. Could this be a toxic reaction from the meds? I have began a taking notes of these changes so that I can help my DR. By the way thanks for answering my questions regarding Monoclanal Gammapathy in November. You helped ease my concerns...

Response from Dr. Dezube

Stomach bloating and soreness are pretty common from these medicines. You can try over-the-counter acid blockers (Zantac, Axid, or Pepcid), which can sometimes help, particularly if they are taken at night. Often the symptoms you are describing get better in time. If these symptoms persist, then you should report them to your provider. Thank you for you comments about the monoclonal gammopathy.

treatment for spreading KS
swollen glands