AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Herpes or AIDS

Dear Doc, I have recently contracted something but I am concerned about going to the doctor around where I am. I would like your opinion about what you think I have. Here are my symptoms: It stings when I urinate, discharge of some clear sticky fluid from my penis, blood in my bowel movements and it is not constipation, Blisters have broken out on my penis and testicle region and on the inside of my leg, they have grown broke open and now have scabbed themselves and are starting to heal themselves. Except one little patch on my leg that is about the size of a dime and has a brownish tint to it and a little redness too. It is itchy in that region also. I have one cold sore but it is going away and was only in my mouth for about a week or so. That is it so what do you think Doc?

Response from Dr. Dezube

What do I think? I think you need to see an internist or other health care provider. You mention that you are concerned about going to the doctor around you. I feel for you, but you nevertheless need to find a caring health care provider. Given the pain with urination, discharge from the penis, and so on, it certainly makes me worried about a sexually transmitted disease. Are there walk-in clinics which may be a bit more anonymous than going to your regular doctor? Do have friends who are happy with their health care providers? Do you have a local service organization, which can help you get hooked up with a provider? GOOD LUCK.

AIDS and mosquitoes
What is AIDS?