AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Lumps and bumps under jaw

I have for years felt small pea sized nodes under my jaw. My Doctor told me they are nothing to worry about and that if you feel for them every body has palpable nodes in there body. I have never been concerned about My hiv status until Somebody brought to my attention Swollen nodes can be a symptom. Do you think that I should be worried about these lumps under my jaw? Thank you so much in advance for your input! lumpy

Response from Dr. Dezube

Lymph nodes are very common in the neck area. Most people get them whenever they get a cold or other infection. Although most HIV-infected patients have swollen lymph nodes at some point during their disease, many many people have swollen lymph nodes and do NOT have HIV. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get yourself HIV tested. Knowledge is power. You need to know one way or the other. BD.

Biopsy Lymph Node Left Neck = Metastatic Tumor
Hiv: combivir and sustiva