AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

ks question

Does K.S. generally start on the souls of the feet?? I have just had an aids test and have not recieved the results yet. I have a dark brown spot on the soul of my foot approx. 3mm in circumference. I have also discovered three dark spots a little smaller on my back and two on my face below the cheek bone. I am really concerned!! can K.S. develop with in one - two years of primary infection?? I have been relatively healthy up to this point and since having my AIDS test one week ago I have been doing research which I think I may have exhibited other symptoms of the aids virus. I am 19 and have only had unprotected sex twice (stupid I know!!)(sexually active for two years) I am very worried!! can other types of CA start on the souls of your feet?? which ones are common?? I hope that you can answer these questions soon as I am going out of my mind with fear. I have just noticed the spots on my face develop over the past two or three weeks. Is this typical of K.S.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Not knowing can certainly provoke as much anxiety as knowing. Basically you are doing the right thing by first finding out if you are infected by the HIV virus. Although your bumps on the sole of your feet could be KS, they could also be many things else! The only way to know for sure is by having a biopsy. You need to get some answers to find out where you stand. Nothing I can write to you will be as good as knowing your HIV status and the results of a lesion biopsy. Good Luck. BD.

HIV Positive, and still no help; lumps over body
acyclovir as a preventative for AID related lymphoma