AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

freaking out about red bumps on the foot

Dr. Dezube, I am a 29 yr. old gay male who just came out 1 yr. ago. I had unprotected sex once (1 yr. ago) and again with my new partner about a month ago.About four or five months ago I noticed a red bump on the the outer edge of the sole of my foot. I thought it was a blister and proceeded to drain it. It was filled with a clear fluid and I thought nothing of it.I then noticed that after a couple of months that it was turning brown. last month it turned a dark brown and the lines (foot prints lines) of the lesion are a darker brown, almost black. The lesion is approx. the size an eraser on the end of a pencil. I have also noticed two mole type lesions on my face(below the cheek) they are a dark brown. None of these spots are draining. Is this typical of K.S.??? I have just gone for an AIDS test and have not recieved the results yet. I can't sleep, eat or do much of anything because of my fear of AIDS. I have read that KS can occur at any stage of the aids virus (from time of primary infection to full blow aids.) Is this true?? Other symptoms I have exhibited are fatigue (for about a month)cold like symptoms (draining sinuses) and some dizziness at times. I know that you can not tell me whether it is AIDS or KS but I really do not know what KS looks like. Since the time of my test. I have been scowering my body and have found other dark spots (they look like dark freckles or moles) that I am concerned about. Is it true that ks generally starts on the soles of your feet?? I hope that you can return a message to me soon because I am going crazy!!! I dont know if I could live knowing that I have aids. After I get the results of the AIDS test I will be going for a biopsy. I just don't know weather it could be ks, melanoma, sarcoma etc... can these other types of skin CA first show up on your feet?? thanks!

Response from Dr. Dezube

Not knowing can certainly provoke as much anxiety as knowing. Basically you are doing the right thing by first finding out if you are infected by the HIV virus. Although your bumps on the sole of your feet could be KS, they could also be many things else! The only way to know for sure is by having a biopsy. You need to get some answers to find out where you stand. Nothing I can write to you will be as good as knowing your HIV status and the results of a lesion biopsy. Good Luck. BD.

Panretin gel
lesions in AIDS patients; are they cancer