AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

What are symptoms of lymphoma

Dear Sir, If I had lymphoma, what would be the symptoms. I have been HIV+ for 16 years. I have a hard, sore mass on my left side of stomach, I have large smooth raised bumps under my arms, similar to shoulder pads, my face has become sunken around the eyes but the sides around cheeks look like they have large smooth lumps also. I rarely see a doctor. I also have vaginal thrush and discharge and have to wear a pad always.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Lymphoma can present in many different ways. It's hard to give you a simple answer. Sometimes it appears as a mass, other times it presents as systemic symptoms (fever, chills, night sweats, and weight loss), and other times it can present in many, many other ways. If you indeed do a have a growth, it would definitely pay to see a health care provider. You say you've been HIV+ for 16 years and have vaginal thrush, but yet you rarely see a doctor. It sounds like you are overdue to seek help. Do you have access to an HIV provide? Do you have fear of them? A health care provider would both be able to help diagnose what these lumps are and be able to put your mind at ease.

Thank You
prevention for neutropenia and possible infections