AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

HIV negative, but AIDS related cancer

I first suspected that I was HIV positive in 1995 due to persistent swollen lymph nodes. However, my ELISA test was negative. I was told about the 6 month window period, so I tested again 6 and 14 months later - still negative. Currently I am started to experience signs of advanced weakened immunity: Red lesions, as well as other skin abnormalities. Furthermore, I got another blood test 4 months ago and I am still negative. Am I crazy, an anomaly, both? How does one treat something that is not diagnosed? Suggestions??

Response from Dr. Dezube

Although it's impossible to give you a firm diagnosis without seeing your lesions, I would doubt very much that you have AIDS-related cancer if you are HIV negative. You need to see a dermatologist or other health care provider. You may need to have one of your red lesions biopsied. A skin biopsy is a very minor procedure. The best thing you could do for yourself is to get a diagnosis. Seeing a health care provider and possibly getting a biopsy would be the first steps. BD.

kaposi sarcoma- radiation stopped working
Tired of it all! (chemotherapy for lymphoma)