AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Mottled legs- are they KS?

Dear Dr. Bruce, what does it mean if you have mottled-looking legs and where they are mottled -- all over they are a faint sort of purplish? I am a 3 month negative Elisa basket case suspecting that I will be the RARE one who will test pos at 6 months. They are getting harder and harder to walk on -- did I catch KS and get it early???????????? I know you cannot answer all questions but please just answer this one and I will not bother you anymore.

Response from Dr. Dezube

There are many, many reasons for "mottled" legs, most of which are not too worrisome. Most likely you do NOT have KS. It would be most unusual for you to be HIV positive if your 3 month ELISA were negative. I would recommend that you see a health care provider. You need answers. That will be the best way to get peace of mind. Nothing you describe strikes me as too worrisome. Good luck. BD. (PS: although you promise not to ask anymore questions, I will not hold you to this promise. You can ask questions in the future)

Swollen lymph node in breast
Blood Centers- can I get AIDS by donating blood?