AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Swollen lymph node in breast

I am a 37 year old female. On a routine mammogram when I turned 35 a breast lump was discovered and after two more mammograms they said that it was a swollen lymph node in my right breast and nothing more. I saw a new doctor last month and he requested another mammogram and the lymph node is still there but they are not concerned by it. I also have had swollen lymph nodes in the right side of my neck that my other doctor was aware of for over 4 years now. I have recently started having some night sweats so the doctor requested a chest x ray and a TB test but they say that everything is ok. Is this something for me to be concerned with? I know that night sweats can indicate lymphoma and I wonder if there is anything I can do to help to prevent it. I was diagnosed in 1988. I have been very healthy otherwise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Response from Dr. Dezube

"When in doubt, take it out". That's the best advice I can give you for now. That's the only way that you will know for sure what's there. A lymph node biopsy or excision is a relatively minor procedure.

Internal Warts/cancer/Aldara/IL-2
Mottled legs- are they KS?