Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

When does Panretin gel take effect?
Mar 2, 2001

Hi Doctor. Thank you very much for your excellent work on this website. I have recently begun using panretin for my KS lesions. In your experience, how long does it take for a noticeable improvement to take place?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Panretin gel is currently the only patient-administered therapy approved for KS. It has been shown to shrink the KS tumors. Typically it takes 4 to 8 weeks to work. Panretin works in patients no matter what their CD4 counts are. Depending upon where your KS is, Panretin may be all that you need. It's ideal for the patient with a limited number of lesions (i.e. with not enough lesions to warrant chemotherapy). It may cause some redness at the site of application of the gel, in which case, you should decrease the frequency with which you apply it. I would also highly recommend that you take anti-retroviral medications if you are not already doing so. BD.

Previous
Swollen Glands- Should I be concerned?
Next
Is the lipdystophy syndrome cancerous?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.