|Shingles and HIV
Mar 2, 2001
Is it normal for shingles to happen early on in the course of HIV infection and then have nothing else happen for 5 to ten years?
Response from Dr. Dezube
Shingles is VERY common in HIV'ers. Shingles can indeed happen early in the course of HIV infection.
Yo-Yo lymph node
Swollen Glands- Should I be concerned?
- Hepatitis B And Itchy Skin
- Vision Problems With Hiv
- Are Women More Likely To Catch Herpes Than Men?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.