AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Globulin and protein levels

1)Globulin level was 3.4 Range is (1.6-3.6). Is that ok? Its not high? In other words it doesn't have anything to do with HIV. 2)Calcium level was 11.1. Range is (8.4-10.6). Is that ok? Does that anything to do with HIV? 3) Total Protein was 8.4. Range is (6.0-8.3).Is that ok? Does that have anything to do with HIV? 3) My HIV test was negative at 3 1/2 months and 5 1/2 months? Am should i concern myself with the above (1,2,3).

Response from Dr. Dezube

Your globulin and protein levels are so close enough to normal that I would recommend that you ignore them. The calcium level is a bit high. This has nothing to do with HIV. HOWEVER, it should be repeated. If it continues to be high, your health provider will need to do further tests to find out what's going on. Again, it has nothing to do with HIV. BD.

Alternative Treatment for HIV- guy
Is it safe to wait -- bone pain and weight loss part 2