|HIV and Prostate Cancer
Sep 23, 2002
I have Prostate Cancer and HIV. Will the combination of Combivir and Sustiva raise the level of male testosterone.
Response from Dr. Dezube
As HIV-infected patients are living longer these days, we are seeing more and more HIV-infected patients with Prostate Cancer. It is important that if you are taking any testosterone supplements (androgel, testosterone shots, and so on), that you stop them since these can stimulate the prostate cancer cells.
Good luck. There are many excellent and effective treatments for Prostate Cancer.
opinion on STI
Taxol not working; what's next??
- Purple Spots Could I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Severe Back Pain And Vaginal Bleeding
- Can Low Immune System Cause Delayed Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.