AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

There is HOPE after a diagnosis of lymphoma

Dear Dr Dezube, Thank you for your support and sharing your valuable time with us. I've just completed chemotherapy for Advanced NHL (lymphoma).I would like to share with people that are now facing this.That you'll be OK and there is hope.I am in remission now. It was very hard for me because, 18 months ago i was neg and within 6 months I was diagnosed not only HIV, but AIDS and then lymphoma. I just couldn't believe my luck.I was very lucky and did not loose my hair, it thinned out about 30.And even though chemo makes you sick as a dog,never loose sight that you'll come through this experience.I wish you all the best.John

Response from Dr. Dezube

Dear John, Thank you so much for your words of hope. No one speaks better to patients than one who has "been there and done that." I wish you much luck as you recover from the diagnosis and treatment. The whole experience can be quite a spiritual journey. BD.

Lymph Nodes...how to make them go away.
Does Hodgkins mean you are HIV+?