AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Cervical HPV; can it spread to my anus?

I have high grade cervival HPV and had a LEEP (this is a procedure to treat the abnormal cells) done on my cervix, and since then I have not had an abnormal pap smear, but I have had anal intercourse twice and I am wondering since I had high grade HPV would that mean I could possibly have high grade in the anus?

Response from Dr. Dezube

The answer to your question is YES. HPV (human papilloma virus, also known as the wart virus) can infect both the cells of the cervix and those of the anus. Women who have or who have had a cervical HPV infection are at risk at getting an HPV infection of the anal canal. Believe it or not, the HPV can infect the anal canal even if you have never had anal intercourse. The HPV virus just does not respect borders. In your case, since you've had anal intercourse, this is all the more reason to have an anal Pap smear performed.

Relief...its only a Reactive Lymphnode, but what exactly does that mean?
Do I have KS? This is for all of you who write to me about spot which is driving you crazy.