AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Desperate Do I have KS?

My back hurts , my legs are swelling up, I am losing the strength in my arms, and my GI system stopped functioning as it used to. I have spider-thin purple lines on the upper side of the roof my mouth by the teeth. I am scared that I will not be able to walk one of these days and soon. I tested negative on an antibody test for 22 weeks and i am seeing 2 doctors-rheumatoid and oncologist(not specialized in hiv). I am going for an antibody test tomorrow for 25 weeks and will even go(if needed) at 26 week. The results will not be back until mid-February and meanwhile I am scared to death waiting. Does this sound like KS?

Response from Dr. Dezube

What you describe does NOT sound like KS. I'm happy your HIV test was negative at 22 weeks. Most likely if it was negative at 22 weeks, it will continue to be negative. The wait can certainly be anxiety provoking. I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with your provider. Good luck.

How do I increase my CD-4 count in the face of chemotherapy?
White patches on back of throat! Help!