AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Generations of HIV testing-please answer asap!

DR BRUCE: If I test with an ELISA is there any difference in the type of test?- 2nd-3rd-4th-generation? Please answer this-I had tests done previously and they are all negative but I am afraid that with the Back generation mine was not of "quality". please be KIND to me and answer this as I am about to go for a 6 month test this weekl. Last was 22 weeks-5 months I am so scared.

Response from Dr. Dezube

I can understand your fear. Nevertheless, if you were negative at 5 months, then most likely you are still negative. I would not worry about what generation test you've had. This should not make a difference. The best thing you could do for yourself is to go for your 6 month test. Most likely it will be negative. Knowledge is power. BD.

My lymph nodes; am I prone to lymphoma
Neuropathy- help needed