AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Brain tumor; Is it HIV infection

Dear Doctor, Last July I had an operation for a brain tumor that was called an epilymphocytoma and these are very rare. For a number of years I have always suspected that I could have AIDS but have never got tested. I haven't worked since the operation but intend to go back to work in March. Recently I have started to get pains all over my body and find it hard to sleep at night. I have also developed a type of burning sensation rash around my eyes that also hurts a lot. I hope that you will be able to offer me some advice Yours sincerely, Mr. Worried

Response from Dr. Dezube

Dear Mr. W: The best advice I can give you is to get tested. Knowledge is power. You need to know. If you test negative, you'll have peace of mind (you'll then have to change your name from Mr. Worried to something else). If you test positive, then you and your provider will have a better idea of what's going on. Good Luck.

Leukoplakia? Does it mean I have HIV?
Kaposi's Sarcoma: One lesion only